Tips for Beautiful Hair
Clinical Herbalist Reviewed on June 13, 2012 by Paulina Nelega, RH
Posted in Blog
2. Apply paste made out of the leaves of hibiscus plant on your hair. Let it stay for 10-20 minutes and then wash your hair to get best results
3. Use mixture of shikakai powder, henna (mehndi) powder, amla powder and curd as conditioner to get soft and silky hair
4. Mix two whole eggs with four tablespoon of olive oil apply this mixture on your hair and leave it. Wash your hair after 20 minutes, you will find your hair slipping like silk after this.
5. Try massaging your hair once in a week with aroma oils to make your hair silky and soft
6. Rubbing your hair with hibiscus flower is also a good remedy for soft and silky hair. Soak hibiscus flower in water and then use the same for applying on your hair before hair wash.
7. Make a mixture using amla powder, shikakai powder, ritha powder, henna powder, and bhringaraj powder in equal proportion. Add water to this mixture and heat this mixture. When the mixture becomes lukewarm apply gently on your hair. Leave this mixture on your hair for 15-20 minutes and wash your hair without using shampoo to get the best results
8. Use mixture of mustard oil, curd and lemon to apply on your hair. Leave this mixture on your hair for half an hour and then wash it
9. Use Aloe Vera gel with hair shampoo which is helpful to make it shiny and soft
10. Apply boiled apple pulp or pour apple juice on your hair before washing
Ensure that you have a balanced and protein rich diet which is essential for good, shiny and silky hair
Sign up for our newsletter and receive more articles and the latest health updates and special offers.
Paulina Nelega, RH, has been in private practice as a Clinical Herbalist for over 15 years. She has developed and taught courses in herbal medicine, and her articles on health have appeared in numerous publications. She is very passionate about the healing power of nature. Ask Dr. Jan