3 Ways To Try To Avoid Catching The Cold and Seasonal Influenza
Clinical Herbalist Reviewed on September 13, 2016 by Paulina Nelega, RH
Posted in Blog
Seasonal influenza, often called the flu, is a common and contagious virus, especially among family members and co-workers. Cold and Flu season is coming around again. Natural Wellbeing believes that preventative measures and natural remedies can go a long way to help prevent the flu. And when it comes to your immunology – preparing yourself by strengthening your immune system in advance is how you can enter into a new season with confidence and good health!
Here are some good reminders for you to feel prepared and keep in mind, when the weather changed and many people around you seem to catch the cold.
Supporting your healthy immune system function, can be as easy as taking Vitamin C and including other antioxidants as part of your daily diet. Natural Wellbeing’s Vitamin C natural supplement also includes Rose Hips.
What is Vitamin C with Rose Hips?
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that needs to be obtained from our diet or by supplementing with, as we lack the enzyme necessary to make it ourselves.
Vitamin C performs many important functions in the body including:
- Antioxidant support – protects cells from damaging free radicals
- Production of collagen for proper wound healing
- Maintenance of healthy gums
- Healthy immune system function
- Increases absorption of iron from the diet
In addition to natural supplements, we also recommend the following self-care tips on daily basis which will make all the difference for you and your family during the cold season:
1. Wash your hands after being in public. Remember to use just ordinary soap. Too much anti-bacterial soap can kill the good bacteria.
2. Try not touching your face. This is a hard one. On average we touch our face 3-6 times every 5 minutes. Add that up to a whole days worth and you’ve touch your face more than 576 times in one day.
3. Try using a few drops of Oregano Oil on your toothbrush in the morning with your toothpaste. This will help boost your immune system, and a strong immune system means a fighting chance against that cold.
Vitamin C 1000 mg with Rose Hips
High-potency Vitamin C with natural bioflavonoids
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Powerful antioxidant
- Supports wound healing
- Helps maintain healthy gums
- 90-day, money-back guarantee
- 1 Bottle = 100 vegetarian tablets
- Each tablet provides 1000 mg Vitamin C with bioflavonoids from Rose Hips
Sign up for our newsletter and receive more articles and the latest health updates and special offers.
Paulina Nelega, RH, has been in private practice as a Clinical Herbalist for over 15 years. She has developed and taught courses in herbal medicine, and her articles on health have appeared in numerous publications. She is very passionate about the healing power of nature. Ask Dr. Jan