Our lovely fan, Carol, had an excellent question about alopecia, and what can help with it. First, let’s take a look at what alopecia actually is.
What is alopecia? Alopecia simply means hair loss, for which there can be many different causes including:
• Hormonal factors (both men & women)
• Vitamin A in large doses
• Birth control pills
• Menopause & perimenopause
• Thyroid problems
• Low-protein diet
• Low iron
• Major surgery or chronic illness
• Fungus infection of scalp
• Chemical and heat treatments on hair
• Tight braiding
• Hard brushing
• Immune system attacking hair follicles (alopecia areata)
Once the cause of the hair loss has been determined, options for hair regrowth, including Hair Essentials, can then be considered!