With spring and summer coming upon us, eating locally and seasonally makes sense: it’s good for you, your community, and for reducing stress on the environment. Do you eat locally and seasonally?
1. In-season foods taste better.
2. Fresh = higher nutritional content, including powerhouse antioxidants.
3. Supports your local growers and local economy.
4. Lower environmental impact vs goods transported from afar.
5. Less expensive – seasonal foods, because they are usually abundant for a short period of time, are often less expensive than foreign/out-of-season imports.
6. Coordinating our diets with the cycles of the seasons is natural to our bodies.