Found this delish-sounding recipe for homemade Guilt-Free Chocolate Granola from theflexiblefoodie.com. Going to give it a try – maybe add some dried cranberries to it, too!
• 3 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup of raw almonds, chopped or whole
• ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 tsp. sea salt
• ½ cup of pure maple syrup
• ¼ cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons golden flax seeds
• 2 heaping tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, flax seeds, coconut, and salt. Stir together until evenly blended.
In a measuring cup, whisk together your olive oil and maple syrup. Pour liquids over the dry ingredients, and stir until the mixture is evenly coated throughout. Sprinkle in your cinnamon and cocoa powder and the mixture a final stir.
Spread your granola evenly on large parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes and then give it a good stir with a spatula before cooking another ten minutes, or until it turns a nice golden brown color. When it’s ready, remove tray from the oven and cool completely before transferring it a large glass jar. Will keep for several weeks at room temperature, but it’s so delicious don’t count on it lasting more than a few days!
- thanks to http://theflexiblefoodie.com/2012/10/17/autumn-inspired-antioxidant-rich-olive-oil-granola/ for this amazing recipe!