Home Remedy For Dry Chapped Lips
Clinical Herbalist Reviewed on January 6, 2011 by Paulina Nelega, RH
Posted in Blog
Chapped lips can be annoying and even painful depending on the severity. The symptoms of your dry lips can be caused from anything such as: exposure to extreme heat, cold air, licking your lips too much, and dehydration.
Sometimes regular ol’ Chapstick seems to do nothing to help the problem, and can sometimes even seem as if it’s getting even worse, or prolonging the problem.
Try this natural home remedy for your dry chapped lips.
1. Warm up some honey (warm not hot to the touch)
2. Apply a thin-to-medium layer of warm honey to lips with a cotton swab
3. Let the honey dry without moving your mouth around too much
4. Once honey is dry, apply a layer of Vaseline over it, and leave for 10-15 minutes
5. Wipe all layers away in one clean swoop on both top and bottom lips
Try using this remedy for 5-7 days and see if it helps your dry chapped lips.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive more articles and the latest health updates and special offers.
Paulina Nelega, RH, has been in private practice as a Clinical Herbalist for over 15 years. She has developed and taught courses in herbal medicine, and her articles on health have appeared in numerous publications. She is very passionate about the healing power of nature. Ask Dr. Jan