Did you know that almost 50% of us make resolutions for the New Year? And, that about 75% of those resolutions are based on self-improvement?
That’s not so surprising, really; after all, many of us have high hopes of changing our lives for the better, from eating well and getting in shape, to saving money. And the New Year is a great time to focus on how to do that!
This upcoming year, women of all ages are looking to achieve healthier hair. Some may want to grow their hair longer; others may be looking for shinier, thicker, more lustrous hair. We can help you be successful in achieving your resolution for healthy hair in 2013, with these tips:
• Keep your body hydrated (lots of water, herbal teas, fresh-pressed fruit and veg juices!).
• Don’t overwash, overstyle, or overprocess your hair.
• Avoid harsh detergents in commercial shampoos, and chemicals in your other hair products, by choosing higher-quality salon products, if possible (check your labels, as not all ‘natural’ products are all that natural!).
• Use a water filter/softener in your shower to remove chlorine and hard minerals that can build up on your hair, leaving it dull and lifeless.
• Use a wide-toothed comb to comb out your hair after washing it.
• Give your scalp and hair a weekly hot oil treatment – try coconut oil, argan oil, or even melted shea butter!
Most importantly, eat well! Keep your scalp healthy with foods that help stimulate thick, shiny hair:
• High-quality protein such as from legumes and beans, salmon or other cold-water fish, eggs, yogurt, quinoa, hemp seed (and hemp oil, for a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids!)
• Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids – from salmon and other cold-water fish, plus a daily omega-3 supplement.
• A wide variety of colored fruits and vegetables, for a mix of healthy antioxidants and micronutrients.
• Avoid processed foods that cause inflammation in your body – including in your hair follicles.
• Include a daily ‘hair-healthy’ supplement such as Hair Essentials:
Hair Essentials promotes a healthier scalp environment, repairs and reinvigorates damaged or dormant follicles, and provides key essential nutrients that your follicles need for growing lush, healthy hair!
For more information on Hair Essentials or to order: http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/products/hair-growth
Wishing you healthy hair in 2013! What are some healthy hair tips that have been successful for you?