This is a time of year when, for many, colds & flus start to make their rounds through the household or office. Fortunately, some of our most powerful, natural antimicrobials are to be found near at hand. Essential oils can easily be used to help overcome colds or flus, and also prevent their spread.
The most effective way to disperse essential oils into one’s environment is through the use of a nebulizing diffuser. These create a fine, mist-like aerosol without the use of heat, which can otherwise denature essential oils so that they lose their effectiveness.
Cold & Flu Essentials Recipe: Into your diffuser, combine several (or all) of these individual essentials oils to create an antibacterial and antiviral mist:
• Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora) 3 drops
• Melissa (Melissa officinalis) 2 drops
• Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis ct cineol) 2 drops
• Thyme (Thymus vulgaris ct linalool) 1 drop
• Pine (Pinus sylvestris) 1 drop
• Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) 3 drops
Can also be used in a steam inhalation to directly benefit your sinuses, throat, and respiratory passages.
Smells great, with a clean and refreshing scent!