From Natural WellBeing
Facial psoriasis is a problem which is also called face rash. In this condition, the skin of produces silvery scales and itchy rashes on the face areas. There may also arise open lesions in this skin illness. It can affect both men and women and commonly seen in the teenage period and at the time of late 50s. There may occur rashes on the eyebrows and above the lip area and at the hairline that appears red with elevated plaques and silvery scales.
The main causes of facial psoriasis are described below:
- Bacterial infection, like an infection that is caused by streptococcal and staphylococcal bacteria
- Chickenpox (a viral infection)
- Fifth disease (This one is a mild viral infection in children which can also cause harm to the unborn babies)
- Folliculitis (inflammation and infection of a hair follicle)
- Fungal infection of the skin (This one is also called the problem of ringworm)
- Herpes virus infection
- Impetigo (bacterial skin infection)
- Measles (viral infection)
- Shingles (viral infection)
- Allergic contact dermatitis (allergy of the facial part)
- Drug reaction
- Eczema (also called atopic dermatitis) and includes chronic eczema
- Food allergy
- Irritant contact dermatitis (sensitivity to a perfume)
- Baby acne (skin inflammation triggered by maternal hormones)
- Dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis affecting the face, neck and the scalp)
- Rosacea (chronic inflammatory skin disorder)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (It’s a disease in which the body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues)
- Anxiety and stress
- Erythema toxicum (This one is a benign and noncancerous skin condition which is common in newborn babies)
- Heat rash
- Methamphetamine abuse
- Milia (these are some tiny white bumps of dead skin cells and other debris)
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Here is the list of some of the main signs and symptoms of this facial problem:
- Bleeding (that may occur from the broken skin)
- Cracked skin
- Dry skin
- Redness, irritation and inflammation
- Scaling, flaking and peeling skin
- Swelling and puffiness around the rash
- Flu-like symptoms (It mainly includes fatigue, fever, sore throat, headache, cough, aches and pains)
- Joint pain
- Nerve pain
- Numbness and burning in the lower legs and feet
- Red and dry eyes
- Sneezing or runny nose
- Stress, anxiety and depression
There are some herbal remedies that help to treat this facial problem. Here is their description:
Spirulina- This herb helps to promote the metabolism of the skin and lower the appearance of the fine lines and scales from the face.
Dandelion- Dandelion is used to detox the skin and purify the blood and lymphatic system. It also moisturizes the skin by increasing its hydration level.
Horsetail and Rosemary- These herbs make the skin strong and tone its texture.
Kali sulph and Silicea- Both these herbs help to nourish the skin and support the healthy balance of the fluids in it. So, they make the overall appearance of the skin on the facial area healthy and clean.
There are some lifestyle changes that help to treat the problem of face rashes. You should keep a good hygiene by washing your hands before touching them to the face as it can transmit germs. Avoid the use of make-up till you get rid from this skin problem.
- Talk to a good medical expert if you are suffering from a severe form of this skin disorder.