How to Grow Hair Thicker
From Natural WellBeing
How to Grow Hair Thicker
Both men and women suffer from baldness and thinning hair. 50 to 60% of women by the age of 35 to 40 may experience thinning hair compared to men suffering from premature baldness by the age of 30. It is also estimated that we lose 50 to 150 hair strands in a day and with more and more techniques to style and manage hair, it is expected that more women and men may develop thinning hair and baldness at an earlier age.
So what can we do about thinning hair? Along with the latest advances in styling and wearing hair, there are also scientific breakthroughs in increasing hair volume and hair growth.
Causes of Hair Thinning
Alopecia is the medical term for hair loss and hair thinning. There are many causes of alopecia and here are some of the most common:
- Genetics - male pattern baldness often run in families
- Stress – stress reduces the body’s defenses and chronic stress can lead to skin conditions, infections due to decreased immune system function, hair loss and many other physiologic conditions.
- Medications – several medications like ACE inhibitors, drugs for the treatment of cancer, acne medications, antidepressants, birth control pills, blood thinning drugs, anticonvulsants and anti inflammatory drugs are just some of the many medications that can induce hair loss.
- Medical conditions – pregnancy and giving birth can lead to temporary hair loss.
Symptoms of Hair Thinning
Hair thinning can be seen as hair falling out in clumps or shedding when combed, brushed or stroked using the fingers. In men, hair thinning and hair loss is seen at first as thinning hair on the front hairline and forehead, then hair on the top of the head begins to follow. As this pattern gradually happens, only the hair on the sides and the back of the head may remain. Women on the other hand may have generalized hair thinning.
Treatments to Grow Hair Thicker
- Keeping healthy by eating a nutritious diet and reducing nicotine and alcohol can improve the texture and volume of your hair.
- Increase foods rich in protein and calcium to help boost hair growth and reduce hair thinning.
- Use a natural shampoo that contains essential oils, Aloe Vera and herbs that can enrich the volume of hair, moisturize dry scalp and reduce common hair problems. With healthy hair, hair thinning can ultimately be resolved.
- Use hair conditioners that contain henna which can condition hair better than any other brands.
- There are natural remedies that can work to reduce hair thinning like salt remedy. Salt has minerals that can improve hair health; after washing hair with warm water and shampoo, rub salt onto your scalp for 15 minutes then rinse. You can use this as a once a month remedy to improve hair volume.
- An infusion of 1 tablespoon hops, 1 tablespoon calendula flowers and 1 tablespoon burdock root in a liter of water can reduce hair thinning. Boil these herbs in water for 10 minutes and rub the infusion onto scalp 2 times a week to effectively reduce hair thinning.