From Natural WellBeing
(Created page with "Category: Health Category: Conditions == Ringworm == <div class="gwo_image" style="float:right;margin-left: 5px;"> [[#relatedproducts| <div style="width:170px;height:...")
m (Protected "Ringworm": Excessive vandalism ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)) [cascading])
Latest revision as of 09:53, 16 June 2012
Ringworm is the problem of a fungal infection that develops on the uppermost layer of the skin. It is detected by an itchy and red circular rash that has a healthy looking skin in the middle. In fact, this disease has got its name from this ring shape only. The different types of this illness are described below:
Body ringworm (tinea corporis) - This form causes dry and scaly skin. It affects all the parts of the body except the scalp, beard area and the feet. Scalp ringworm (tinea capitis) - It gives rise to scaly and swollen blisters which look like black dots. They become inflamed and get filled with pus. Ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris) - Groin ringworm is also called the problem of jock itch. It is detected by raised red sores that have well-defined edges.
Ringworm of the nails (tinea unguium) - This form occurs at the tip of the toenail which gradually becomes thick and discolored. Ultimately, it becomes dead and pulls away the nail bed.
Ringworm of the feet (tinea pedis) - It is also called the problem of athlete’s foot. This one looks like a rash of scaly red patches that occur around the toes of a person.
Ringworm is a fungal infection which is caused by the microorganisms which turn parasites on the body. Basically, these are mold-like fungi that are called dermatophytes. They live on the cells in the upper layer of your skin.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Some of the main signs and symptoms of ringworm are mentioned below:
1. There may arise lots of blisters 2. An itchy skin may occur 3. Lots of pus may fill the affected parts 4. There may occur raised, red and scaly patches 5. A red ring around a normal-colored center may be formed 6. You may suffer from skin ulceration and infection 7. The sight of bald patches at the infection site may arise 8. There may occur crumbling of the nails 9. Lots of Itching and irritation may arise 10.There may occur nail discoloration 11.The problem of thickened nails may arise 12.One may suffer from fever 13.There may arise redness, warmth and swelling on the skin 14.The streaks of red color along the skin, particularly on a limb, may occur
The treatment options for ringworm problem include antifungal topical and oral medication. Generally, a topical cream or ointment is used to heal this skin infection. It mainly involves the use of Mycelex and Lotrimin. The oral medications are Lamisil or Diflucan. But, do consider the point that these oral cures contain some side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea and diarrhea. However, learn some fine holistic ways to control this illness.
There are some fine lifestyle changes that you can try to treat this skin problem. Here is their description:
- Do educate yourself and others about this illness. You should be aware of the risk of getting this illness from infected persons and pets. Educate your wards about this illness and how it spreads. A good deal of awareness can eradicate this distress from roots.
- You should wash your hands often to avoid the spread of this infection. Keep your surroundings clean, so that this infection does not get a boost.
- Avoid wearing thick and warm clothing in hot and humid atmosphere. It will cause sweating that might encourage the problem of ringworm.
- Do not share your personal belongings with anyone as it can transmit this infection to the other members of the family.
- Talk to a good medical expert if you are suffering from a severe form of this disease.