What is Vitamin D3?
Also known as the "sunshine vitamin," vitamin D3 is a nutrient that plays an important role in many functions in the body, most notably bone density and immune system health.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the active form of vitamin D. It is made in the body from direct sunlight exposure on the skin (it is not formed from sunlight through window glass, because the glass filters out the required UV wavelength). Individuals with dark skin or with limited exposure to sunlight, such as those who live at more northern latitudes or in regularly cloudy regions, should include rich dietary sources of vitamin D and/or supplementation.
Low vitamin D levels may occur for several reasons:
- Too little sun exposure - if you avoid the sun, live at northern latitudes or in regularly cloudy regions, stay indoors a lot (e.g., homebound due to health reasons), or if you cover up extensively when outside due to cultural or religious beliefs;
- If you are a strict vegetarian - most dietary sources are animal-based, including fish and fish oils, egg yolks, cheese, beef liver;
- Skin pigmentation - darker skin contains more of the pigment melanin, which reduces the skin's ability to absorb UV light and thus make vitamin D;
- Kidney dysfunction - conversion of vitamin D to its active form takes place in the kidneys. This becomes impaired with decreased kidney function, and the kidney’s ability to convert vitamin D naturally decreases as we age;
- Digestive tract issues - some conditions such as Crohn’s and IBS can impair ability of the intestines to absorb vitamin D (and other nutrients) from food;
- Obesity - fat cells take up vitamin D readily from the circulation (as it is a fat-soluble vitamin), thus decreasing its availability in the general circulation.
Vitamin D supports bone health by helping the body to absorb calcium; in adults, too little vitamin D can result in a condition known as osteomalacia, an abnormality in the building process of the bones which results in soft and brittle bones. In children, this condition is known as rickets, rarely encountered in developed countries due to availability of vitamin D-fortified foods.
Osteoporosis, also a bone-related condition, refers to the degeneration of bone that is already formed, as opposed to new bone that is in the process of being formed. In osteoporosis, the old bone is being broken down faster (by cells called osteoclasts) than the body is able to regenerate new bone (by osteoblasts).
The ability to make vitamin D decreases as we get older, thus our ability to absorb calcium also decreases; supplementation with vitamin D3 and calcium have been shown to reduce the risk of fractures and bone loss in older individuals.
Vitamin D3 - the "Sunshine Vitamin" for bone health
- Improves absorption of calcium
- Assists in prevention of osteoporosis
- Supports immune system function
- Important for muscle movement and nerve health
What is the recommended dosage?
Take 5 drops daily with a meal. Each 5-drop serving provides 2000 IU vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol).
Are there any side effects or precautions?
If you are pregnant, nursing, have any health condition or are taking any medications, consult your doctor before using this product.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! All of our products come with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why choose our Vitamin D3?
- Potent Protection: Provides 2000 IU Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) per serving.
- Every Batch is Tested: Every batch of our Vitamin D3 is tested to ensure the highest quality and consistent potency. Every single batch!
- NSF cGMP-Certified Manufacturing Facility: The NSF Certification Program protects consumers by ensuring that the highest standards of manufacturing have been strictly followed.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in USA.
Who makes Vitamin D3?
This product is proudly made by Natural Wellbeing Distribution Inc., founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the natural healing power of herbs to everyone.
To fulfill our vision, we search for and use only the purest, carefully sourced ingredients. We honor the time-proven, traditional usage of herbs for health and wellbeing, and also integrate the latest scientific research into our professionally developed herbal formulas. The result? The best natural, holistic supplements available. Our customers consistently tell us that our passion for natural remedies and the formulations we've developed have helped them immeasurably.
If you’d like to learn more about our company, our customer service representatives would be happy to talk with you. You can call (800)-536-9353 with any questions:
Monday through Saturday: 7am to 4pm PST | 10am to 7pm EST
Sunday: 9am to 3pm PST | 12am to 6pm EST
Please leave a message outside of business hours so we can return your call.
Take 5 drops daily with a meal. Each 5-drop serving provides 2000 IU vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol). Natural Citrus Flavor.
If you are pregnant, nursing, have any health condition or are taking any medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of the reach of children.
If you have an adverse reaction after using this product, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.